It seems that people in general want to eat healthy, but they just don’t have enough time. Sometimes we associate eating healthy with being expensive and we would like to dispel that thought. Sure you can probably get a Big Mac or a burrito for less than you would buying groceries or items to prepare a meal. However, if you plan and shop properly, it can be both convenient and affordable for you in the long run. So here are 1o tips that will make eating healthy easier for you!
- Batch Meals. Make more than you need so you have leftovers. You can freeze them or plan to eat them throughout the upcoming days.
- Make the same stuff over and over. You don’t have to be a culinary chef or even start looking up special recipes. Just make the same few things that you know you like to eat. This makes shopping a lot easier and you spend less time stressing about what you will need to get at the store. Now when making the same stuff over and over again, you can switch it up. If you follow step one and batch your foods, you can mix and match your pre-planned meals! Maybe come up with a dozen things you like to prepare to eat and go from there.
- Drink your green. Yes, drink your vegetables. If you don’t have a blender, I would consider picking up one as it is going to make preparation a lot faster. Don’t worry about a fancy high cost blender. Really any blender will do; just drink your greens.
- You don’t have to LOVE everything you eat. You don’t have to like everything and you don’t have to always eat healthy. So just go easy on yourself. The important thing to remember is that you are trying and making an effort. We all have our days where we aren’t feeling like eating a salad. So don’t beat yourself up.
- Eat what you don’t have to count. What I mean by that is, eating things like quinoa and green vegetables in abundance really isn’t going to hurt your caloric intake. It’s not like making sure you only eat one cupcake or counting how many calories are in a soda. Start picking up healthy habits so you don’t have to focus on how many calories each food item has.That’s the stuff you want to eat.
- Shape the path. Make it easy for you to stay on the path to eating healthy. Get rid of the junk food in your house and keep it stocked with healthy snacks, which leads to tip number 7.
- Healthy snacks. Get or make quick and easy healthy snacks. The reason why most of us eat junk food is because it is already “processed” and packaged up for our convenience. If you like dips, perhaps get hummus or a queso dip that you have on hand when hunger strikes.
Remember, stay positive and stay focused. If you are trying to lose weight, maybe switch your thinking to “trying to gain health.” Thinking of it in a positive light gives us a better attitude about doing something. With eating healthy, the pounds will shed and you will have accomplished your goals and also given your body something to thank you for. If you are having a hard time getting back on track and need some guidance with health and wellness, contact Thornton Colorado Chiropractors. We are happy to help you out!